ZE Power Engineering is an innovative, industry-leading company that provides engineering services to the electric utility industry. We are currently seeking an individual for our drafting team to support our service areas in generation, transmission, substation, and distribution design. This is a great career development opportunity to expand your knowledge of electric utility systems while working as part of a team at a fast-growing company.
- Providing detailed drawings for substation, transmission, distribution, and generation projects, using Microstation and AutoCAD, or in manual form
- Preparing drawing packages for clients
- Managing and organizing drawings including drawing inquiry, receiving, storing, updating status, printing, issuing, etc.
- Performing tasks assigned by Drafting Manager, Lead Drafter, Project Engineer or Project Manager
- Reviewing and approving drawings for issuance to customer
- Liaising closely with internal team members and clients, and working effectively in a team environment.
- CAD Certificate or Diploma from a recognized institution
- Knowledge of UG utility civil construction and or drafting.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in drafting electric utility or related engineering field
- Working knowledge of Microstation, AutoCAD Civil 3D,
- A good understanding of electrical design and power systems
- Familiar with local standards and building codes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Challenge, opportunity, innovation, and a unique corporate culture are among the reasons to consider a career at ZE. We aim for long-term tenure and reward our loyal employees. Our members work in a flexible environment where personal initiative and professional growth are greatly encouraged. ZE offers excellent career development opportunities along with a competitive compensation and benefits package. With a dynamic corporate culture and supportive management team, a career at ZE is what you make of it. Our environment is defined by the people that work in our company. We stress a balanced approach to work and healthy living. We have a games area consisting of table tennis tables, foosball and ice hockey tables along with onsite Yoga. Our head office is located conveniently next to the Richmond Middle Arm waterfront trail, Olympic Oval, and Steve Nash Fitness club.
ZE offers excellent career development opportunities along with a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Full benefit coverage – medical, dental, vision, life etc.
- Excellent pension plan with company match
- Annual Bonus
- Incentive Share
If you are the kind of person who takes initiative, has a positive attitude, and wants to make an impact, then we want to hear from you. Thank you for your interest in joining ZE Power Engineering. We will contact only those short-listed for an interview.