ZE PowerGroup Inc. is a leading provider of data management and analysis software to the energy industry. The ZEMA suite of products (www.zemasuite.com) provides powerful enterprise data management, process automation and business intelligence through web based analytical tools and services.
We are a successful and rapidly growing company, continuously searching for talented Java Web Application Developers to improve our product suite. Application Developers will be involved in all areas of design and development. You will find strong growth opportunities, both technically and professionally.
- Design, develop, and unit test features and enhancements within our suite of web applications
- Ensure feature requirements are thorough and documented in issue tracking systems
- Advise QA analysts on test case design
- Troubleshoot software issues where necessary
- Work with product team to plan project iterations
- Participate in projects and ZEMA application process reviews when required
- Recommend product improvements
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- A diploma or university degree in Computer Science or Technology
- Knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL programming
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role, or demonstrable fluency in Java development
- Familiar with Java EE application servers (such as Tomcat, WebSphere, GlassFish, etc)
- Experience with the ExtJS framework is a benefit
- Must be authorized to work in Canada
- Must be available for interviews in Vancouver
COMPETENCIES AND SKILL SET
- Strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal skills, collaboration, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent teamwork
- Communication skills, both written and spoken; ability to communicate with customers using non-technical language
- Time management and prioritization skills
ZE PowerGroup Inc. (ZE) is a global leader in the development of data management, analysis, and business automation software. ZEMA is our enterprise-level suite of products. ZEMA enables users to capture, transform, manipulate, analyze, report and visualize data quickly and easily. We work with world-class companies in energy, commodities, and finance to serve users in trade, risk management and IT. Our head office is in Vancouver, BC, and we have operations in Houston, Raleigh, London, Singapore, and Madrid.
With a dynamic corporate culture and supportive management team, a career at ZE is what you make of it. Our environment is defined by the people that work in our company. We stress a balanced approach to work and healthy living. We have a games area as well as onsite Yoga. Our head office is located conveniently next to the Richmond Middle Arm waterfront trail, Olympic Oval, and Steve Nash Fitness club. ZE offers excellent career development opportunities along with a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are the kind of person who takes initiative, has a positive attitude, and wants to make an impact, then we want to hear from you.